Calasanz Institute for Right to Education
Launch of the SOCIO-ANTHROPOLOGY OF EDUCATION course
- Monday February 22nd, 2021
- Posted by: ICALDE
- Category: News Non classé
On this day, 22 February 2021, the second promotion of ICALDE called GENERATION TONTI starts with the tutorials of the DE105 course entitled SOCIO-ANTHROPOLOGY OF EDUCATION. This course led by Christian DJOKO from Laval University in Canada is the first of the second module of this master 1 entitled THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE RIGHT TO EDUCATION whose objective is to go back to the roots of the right to education, to its conception, its construction process and its finality. This module allows us to respond to these different concerns, to underline the central role that the Church has played and to highlight the thought of Saint Joseph Calasanz, a pioneer of popular education.
The DE105 course will therefore aim to :
- discuss how to take into account specificities or constraints of a “socio-anthropological” nature in the formulation of discourses on education and policy-making ;
- analyse the options for taking into account the effects of social structure and individual trajectories,
discuss the articulation between global and local levels in the construction and implementation of the right to education ;
- to understand the “complexity” of social facts by underlining the importance of the field in the definition of a right in general and the right to education in particular by taking into account political, cultural, religious and other forms of mediation.
Stéphane LONTSI K.